Christmas with the Krauters
Happy holidays to you and your family!
We are so grateful for our Splash Fabric extended family (that means you!) and we hope you have a wonderful holiday season. This year I have a lot to celebrate- including a new cookie recipe (below)!
We are celebrating the joys of the year and when we could all be together. We were so thankful this year for being able to be at our son’s wedding (look for the boots from our broken legs in the photo) after being hit on our bikes in August by a distracted driver - (don’t text & drive)!!
Right now our sons are home and we love how Splash Fabric tablecloths have gone from protecting the table when they were kids to providing a backdrop for games and fun now that they are adults.
That's our new Tartan tablecloth in the photo! It's no match for cookie crumbs and spilled milk!
Speaking of cookies, favorite new recipe of the season is Peanut Butter Blossoms (although, the classic sugar cookie is hard to beat).
I make mine Gluten free.
For most recipes you can substitute gluten free flour- and there are so many good options now.
Pro tip: I found Hershey’s Kisses in DARK chocolate for a step up this year!
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1/2cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 3/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- Additional granulated sugar
- About 36 Hershey's Kisses Brand dark chocolates, unwrapped
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder until dough forms.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional granulated sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place about 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately press 1 milk chocolate candy in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.
Let us know if you try them!
Wishing you and your family a happy, healthy, and joyful holiday!