Happy Earth Day Splash Fabric makers and creatives!
The featured image is a hike that my family and I did awhile back! Isn't it beautiful? We love to hike!
For many; today is a day we celebrate the beauty of this earth while also acknowledging the impact we as humans make. For Splash Fabrics this idea doesn’t only apply to 24 hrs or 1 out of 365 days. We have been committed since the beginning of this company to make something that people will love and find useful but more importantly, something that is eco friendly and kind to the Earth we so adore.
Growing up in the Pacific Northwest and learning to love every season that brought different life in all different colors has greatly impacted our commitment to sustainability. Protecting those beautiful seasons and all that it brings with it is at the forefront of our values. We make environmentally friendly products because we care about our planet. We make non-toxic and OEKO TEX certified products because we care about you and your family. A lot of care goes into everything we do and that won’t ever change.
Today we will spend it outside enjoying the fresh air, the lush trees and the opportunity to explore and adventure. What will you spend today doing? We’d love to hear your Earth day plans for adventure, or even how you are doing your part to love and appreciate our planet!
If you’re not sure what you can do to help, we’ve compiled a list of ways to celebrate not just today-but every day!
Washington Specific: WASHINGTON STATE PARKS FREE DAY!
Discover passes are not needed from sun up to sun down to visit your favorite trail, or discover a new one. Get outside with your favorite people! (Don’t forget to bring a bag for scraps)
- If you don’t already: RECYCLE! This is truly a fantastic activity that goes a long way.
- Visit your local Farmer’s markets & support local growers and farmers.
- Organize a neighborhood pickup walk. This is a great way to reduce the amount of trash in places it isn’t supposed to be and you make your neighborhood look beautiful!
- Ride a bicycle or walk to work! For those that have a longer commute-using public transportation is a great way to cut back on the air pollution caused by gasoline.
- Make a compost pile and use it for your yard/garden. It is a great way to reuse your food scraps and provide rich nutrients to your soil.
- Begin your own garden, whether it is vegetables or fruit, or simple herbs and spices. (Then it’s right at your fingertips instead of a trip to the store).
- Buy fair trade products
- Use eco-friendly laundry detergent
- Use a reusable water bottle and install a water filter (if needed-the water in Seattle is good to drink from the faucet!), instead of buying or using plastic water bottles.
- Use Reusable bags for grocery store runs! Hey-we've got a bag for that!