Splash Fabric has been committed since the beginning of this company to make something that people will love and find useful but more importantly, something that is eco friendly and kind to the Earth we so adore.
We love to hike! This lake is in the Olympics.
I was a Park Ranger back in the day "in another life". When I started my business making things, I stayed committed to sustainability. If I was going to be putting products out into the world, I wanted to be sure they were environmentally friendly. They will eventually biodegrade.
Our products are non-toxic and OEKO TEX certified products because we care about you, your family and our planet. A lot of care goes into everything we do and that won’t ever change.
We make fabric and products that last a long time and save laundry, plastic bags, and waste their whole lives. They make wonderful hand-me-downs + gifts since sometimes we all want a new one of something too, right?
All our products are biodegradable, locally made, and made to last!
All our production takes place locally, within a 12 mile radius from our studio. All sewing is done by stitchers working at home.
We hope you can get outside today and every day.
Visit your favorite trail, or discover a new one. Get outside with your favorite people! #getoutstayout
Our parks and wild spaces are a treasure we must take care of. Here are some ways to help celebrate our earth every day!
- If you don’t already: RECYCLE! This truly fantastic activity goes a long way.
- Visit your local Farmer’s markets & support local growers and farmers.
- Organize a neighborhood trash pickup walk. Teach the kids to take pride in their 'hood.
- Ride a bicycle or walk to work! For longer commutes - using public transportation is a great way to cut back on the air pollution. A longer walk can be a great idea for a photo hunt.
- Make a compost pile and use it for your yard/garden. It is a great way to reuse your food scraps and provide rich nutrients to your soil.
- Begin your own garden, whether it is vegetables or fruit, or simple herbs and spices. (Then it’s right at your fingertips instead of a trip to the store).
- Buy locally made products
- Use eco-friendly laundry detergent & cleaners. (Alternatives to single use plastics abound these days!)
- Use a reusable water bottle and install a water filter (if needed-the water in Seattle is good to drink from the faucet!), instead of buying or using plastic water bottles.
Use Reusable bags for grocery store runs! Hey-we've got a bag for that!
11) Try an electric car. Ours is leased with low payments to offset carbon emissions.
12) Don't forget your cute shopping bags! BONUS!