The Holidays always bring about a special feeling in the air....yes...you guessed it! STRESS! Ahhhh! Here's some ways that I've managed the stress of the holidays so I can enjoy it.
1)PLAN AHEAD & MAKE NOTES: I usually make a note of all the get togethers I have planned and write them on the calendar early. Then I make my list of holiday presents. This list includes WHO I'm planning on buying small gifts for, and a couple of ideas that come to mind at first. I keep these notes in my phone so that I can write down ideas as I think of them.
2) SET YOUR BUDGET: Set a realistic budget when you figure out your list of people. Remember it's the thought that counts and not how much you spend on people, but it's important that the budget you set is realistic.
3) BUY EARLY: Especially this year. There are lots of bottle necks in the supply chain for all industries. We've struggled with many of them this year too! But not to worry-we planned ahead and are ready for the holiday season rush! There are also lots of holiday season sales...ours is coming up! Do you know when?
4) GO FOR A WALK A DAY: Make time to get outside and go for a walk. When I am feeling overwhelmed I just drop what I'm doing and spend 10 minutes walking around the neighborhood. What a difference it makes for my mood, and my creative imagination!
5) DON'T FORGET TO TREAT YOURSELF: We often forget about ourselves during the holiday season. It's easy to do. But focus on keeping yourself hydrated and getting enough sleep is so important to putting your best foot forward. So don't be afraid to say no to plans if you've spent all the energy you can that day. Stay home, read a good book, take a bubble bath, and get your sleep!
6) EASY TO CLEAN ITEMS FOR HOSTING: Splash Fabric was created with our 100% Laminated Cotton fabrics for this exact reason. The Krauter household is a busy one with guests coming and going! With that many people it gets messy and it helps to have items that are easy to clean! So when we host and have our big annual holiday party, I have my tablecloths at the ready! When we cook-we use our Aprons of course!
Here's a few items to check out for your holidays!
Tablecloths: A water-resistant & eco-friendly tablecloth that adds a splash of color to any room and every meal. Unlike Vinyl tablecloths-it is non-toxic and OEKO TEX certified. Don't stress about the clean up, wipe it clean with a sponge, or throw it in the wash when the night is over! We promise you'll love your Splash Tablecloth!
Aprons: You'll love these Aprons while you cook! Our Aprons have two large pockets for all the kitchen gadgets and a small pocket-perfect for keeping your phone close when you need to look back at the recipe. With adjustable ties and the option of getting a kid apron too-our wipe clean aprons are the perfect thing to make all those days in the kitchen easy and fun!
Tubs: Tubs have many uses...including some in the kitchen! We like to store our whole fruit and vegetables in them when we come home from the Farmer's Market. Since we had all of our fabric tested in accordance with the FDA food specifications for food safety we never need to worry! We also use it for when the littles start making their holiday projects.
Splash Mats: Our newest product-the splash mat! These make all the your pains of cleaning EASY! Put it under the high chair, use it for the holiday projects, or near the door for the wet messy shoes! Then just wipe it clean or throw it in the wash!
Tell us about your holiday. What do you do to cope with the holiday stress? Comment below!