Happy May Day Splashers!
Have you any plans for your month of May? We are starting to get a little warmer weather here in Seattle, however May always brings with her some showers. We still plan on getting outside here and making the most out of our month. Everyday I make sure to get out and go for a walk. Here are some of my favorite places to walk in Seattle.
1. The Arboretum-beautiful this time of year! Take the historic Azaela way, a path lined with hundreds of blossoming flowers!
2. Discovery Park-located in the neighborhood of Magnolia. This park is operated by Seattle Parks and Rec and overlooks the beautiful Puget Sound. It has miles of protected lands, including tidal beaches. You also get a beautiful view of both the Olympic and Cascade mountain ranges! It's a mini landscape of everything that makes Seattle famous!
3. Seattle's Waterfront- Get your steps in walking along Alaskan Way passing the Seattle Great Wheel and The Seattle Aquarium. The trail continues through Olympic Sculpture Park where you can stop and hang or continue walking for more than a mile with seaside views!
4. Golden Gardens Park- take your shoes off and feel the sand! This park is located in Ballard neighborhood, but so beautiful during sunset. People are always out having picnics, playing beach volleyball, or swinging on their hammocks in the tree forest. It's a quick walk up and down the beach but the views of the Olympics at sunset are hard to beat!
5. The Burke Gilman Trail- technically this trail stretches through King County-but there are many places to join this trail and walk through Seattle's neighborhoods. Here's a link if you want to know where you can join the trail from your neighborhood.
6. My neighborhood!- But of course, "love where you live" right? My favorite place to start and end a walk is right from my doorstep. I love my neighborhood and all the fun houses, neighbors, kids and dogs out and about. It's my favorite place to wander. What neighborhood is this? It's the same neighborhood I run my business from! Come check it out and visit my porch store while you're here! You can pick up a bag to carry all your things in, or a mask in case you forgot one and want to visit a local restaurant on your way home.
2403 E Aloha St, Seattle, WA 98112